Monday 25 October 2010

Making a Phone Call

An English Grammar   The Blue Book of Grammar and Punctuation: An Easy-to-Use Guide with Clear Rules, Real-World Examples, and Reproducible Quizzes   English Grammar For Dummies
Notice this conversation below:
Sam   : Hello, good morning... ( Halo, selamat pagi)
Anna  : Hello, Anna is speaking   ( Halo, disini Anna )
Sam   : May I speak to Mr Andrew, please? ( Bisakah saya berbicara dengan Pak Andrew?)
Anna  : May I tell him who's calling ? ( Bolehkah saya memberitahu dia siapa yang menelepon?)
Sam   : This is Samantha ( Ini Samantha )
Anna  : Just a moment, please. I'll put you through him. (Mohon tunggu sebentar. Saya akan menghubungkan anda kepadanya)
            Oh...I am sorry he is in meeting now . (Maaf, dia sedang ada rapat sekarang)
            Would youlike to leave a message? (Apakah anda mau meninggalkan pesan?)
Sam   : Yes, please. Please ask him to call me after 2 pm today. ( Ya. Tolong minta beliau menelepon saya setelah jam 2 siang hari ini).
Anna  : Certainly. What's your phone number? (Tentu saja. Berapa nomor telepon anda?)
Sam   : My phone number is 081365709740
Anna  : I didn't quite catch that. What's the number again? ( Saya kurang menangkap nomor tersebut. Berapa nomornya lagi?)
Sam   : 081365709740
Anna  : Okay, I will tell him the minute he comes in ( Oke, akan saya sampaikan begitu bertemu dia )
Sam   : Thank you very much
Anna  :You are welcome


These are some expressions we can use when we are making a phone call:
1. Is Dhanny available, please? ( Apakah Dhanny ada ?)
2. I'd like to speak to Sam. ( Saya ingin berbicara dengan Sam )
3. Hello, is this Samantha? ( Halo, apakah ini Samantha?)
4. Who's calling, please?( Siapa yang menelepon ?)

5. I am afraid the line is busy. Would you like to hold? ( Sepertinya salurannya sibuk. Apakah anda mau menunggu)
6. Hold on, please ( Tunggu sebentar ya)
7. I tried to call him but the line was busy ( Saya sudah mencoba menelepon dia tetapi salurannya sibuk)
8. Can you hold on a minute while I get a pen ( Bisakah anda menunggu sebentar, sementara saya ambil pensil )
9. I am sorry you've got the wrong number ( Maaf, anda salah nomor)
10. I am sorry, I have to hang up now ( Maaf, saya harus menutup telepon sekarang )
11. I am sorry, this is Laboratory Division. Somehow you got switched over here. I'll try to transfer you to...( 12. Maaf, ini Bagian Laboratorium. Anda secara tidak sengaja tersambung ke sini. Saya akan mentransfer anda ke...)
13. Would you mind calling back sometime tomorrow? ( Keberatankah anda jika menelepon kembali kapan saja, besok?)
14. Am I callling you at a bad time (Apakah saya menelepon di waktu yang tidak tepat?)
15. You're wanted on the phone (Ada yang ingin berbicara dengan anda di telepon)


How 's your learning progress?
Hope, you got new vocabularies here.
 Still need more resources to learn?
Click here for more resources in English Daily Conversation ....^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.