Tuesday 26 May 2015

My diligent and enthusiastic students

It was in mid 2001. This is an old story, but so momentous that I still keep it in my mind. I am telling you now about some of my students who are very diligent and enthusiastic when they were following my lesson. Having students like them made me feel valuable and appreciated to be their teacher.
I had very momentous teaching process when I met these two girls for the first time. They were sisters. Beautiful and cute girls, the big one was 9 and the little one was 6 yrs old. Their parents were very well educated. I had chance to meet them because I offered a teaching service for them. And by chance they did need me to help these little girls helping with school subject since they'd just came back to Indonesia from Europe.
I was still a college student with lack of teaching experience. The only thing why I braced myself up to teach was I needed fund to afford my engineering study in Bandung Institute of  Technology. Then, everything happened just like that. I met the mother of those little girls and we started the private tutoring.
They were a cute girls, smart academically at school and talented especially in music. No wonder because their mother was a master in music.

What made the meeting with this family so special for me is I learn a lot from this family; about married life, how to raise children and bring them to be someone when they grow up. All the success in this life will not happen all of sudden, however your success starts to bloom when you are young. Educate the children properly, make them a star since they are young, train them good-organized life, get them used to taking responsibility, etc....ya...it looks a hard work for parent (: ....But, also don't forget, help them too to know Allah above all matters in this world.

Well...I don't wanna tell you who are they? These two amazing students. Obviously, they are very popular now in Indonesia! My hope is only one, in pursuing this life, amongst your bright carrier and easy life, please do not forget the essence of life; to worship Allah because only to Allah we will return in the end.