Tuesday 27 October 2015

I am in love with Arabic

My passion to be a polyglot has brought me to learning Arabic. Though, I am not a very expert polyglot :). I found it's enjoyable learning new language, exploring new culture, knowing how people behave from other world etc. Eventually, I stopped by at Arabic language. The language that my God, Allah SWT the Almighty and Wise, chose and singled out Arabic from among all the languages of the world - past, present and future - to be the vehicle for His final Revelation to the whole of humanity.

Indeed, if Allah wished He could have revealed the Qur’an not only in any language but in every language but as He Himself states in the Holy Qur’an: “Verily, We sent It down as an Arabic Qur’an in order that you may understand”. This verse implies that Arabic has certain unique features which make it superior to all the languages of the world and which enable it to convey the subtleties and mysteries of Allah’s Speech in a manner that no other language can. Furthermore, it is Allah who endowed Arabic with these features and made it superior to all other languages.

Well, This fact should constitute sufficient reason for me and all Muslims in this world to learn Arabic.

‘Umar (may Allah be pleased with him) said:
“Learn the Sunnah and learn Arabic; learn the Qur’an in Arabic for it is in Arabic”.
He also said:
“Learn Arabic for it is part of your Religion and learn how the estate of the deceased should be divided (al-Faraa’id) for these are part of your Religion”.
Imam al-Shafi‘iyy is reported to have said that he studied Arabic for twenty years (from its pure sources) in order to understand the Qur’an. Wooow...if he had spent twenty years for learning Arabic, how about me? Even sometimes I thought I hasn't used up all my time to learn Arabic or Qur'an for lifetime. Hope Allah still give me time to do that.

Some scholars also maintain that learning Arabic is compulsory on every Muslim. The reason for this ruling is that learning the Qur’an and Sunnah is compulsory on every Muslim and since the Qur’an and Sunnah cannot be learnt without Arabic it follows that Arabic is also compulsory.

Now...I am getting my feet wet with Arabic...and I am happy, I am in love deeply with Arabic. Hope it gives me better understanding of my religion.
InshaAllah :)