Tuesday 2 November 2010

Having Problems

      Monkey Business: Fun with Idioms (Milet Wordwise series)   Even More Parts: Idioms from Head to Toe   Birds of a Feather: A Book of Idioms and Silly Pictures

Have you ever had problems?
I bet everyone must have ever had problems
Ok,now , let's check out some idioms related with problems


1. I've come up against a brick wall
It means : something is blocking me from doing what I want to do
2. I put my foot in it
It means : said something tactless and embarrasing
3. I am in dire straits 
It means : in a very difficult or dangerous situation
4. I've dug myself into a hole
It means : have myself caused a problem that will be difficult to escape from (informal)
5. I've spread myself too thin
It means : I am trying to do too many things at the same time, with the result that I can't give any of them the attention they need
6. I've been left holding the baby
It means : others have left me to deal with a problem alone
7. They've got me over a barrel.
It means : have put me in a situation where I have no choice over what I can do
8. I've come up against a stumbling block
It means : a problem that stops me from achieving something
9. I am clutching at straws now
It means  I am in such difficult situation that I will try anything
10. I've drawn a black 
It means : I am unable to find information or to achieve something I'd hoped for

Still need more resources ?
Click here to find more resources in English Idioms 

 A Dictionary of American Idioms   Idioms & Phrases in American Sign Language, Vol. 1-5 - Complete Set - 5 DVDs   Educational Insights Idiom Of The Week Pocket Chart (1753)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.